Browsing, access and security
At the BBVA Foundation we are aware of the need to safeguard the transmission of data with people interested in our foundational activities. For this reason, the BBVA Foundation applies the strictest security measures to ensure the confidentiality of all communications. Transactional services operate on a secure server using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) protocol, which is activated whenever the service is accessed. The secure server establishes a connection whereby the data is transmitted in encoded form by means of 128-bit algorithms, meaning it can only be read by the customer’s computer and the bank’s server. The use of the SSL protocol ensures that:
- The user is submitting their data to the server center of the BBVA Foundation and not to a bogus one.
- Data between the user and the server center of the BBVA Foundation are transmitted encoded, impeding any possible access or use by third parties.
You should always make sure that you are entering your data on a secure page. Do not forget to apply the following security guidelines when requested to provide personal details over the Internet:
1. Make sure that the connection is being made through a secure server by verifying the following aspects:
- The server address (URL). The address of a secure server begins with https: whereas in most other cases it begins with http:
- The icons displayed on your browser. One of the bottom corners of the screen should display a whole key (as opposed to a broken key for a non-secure server) or a closed padlock (instead of an open one for a non-secure server).
2. Check the security certificates on the page you have accessed:
- To do so, click on the padlock icon on the lower right-hand side of your browser when you access a secure area, and check that the date of expiry and the certificate domain are valid. The detailed information will specify the issuer, the period of validity, and to whom the certificate has been issued.
For these measures to be effective, the browser used by the customer should be one of the following:
Netscape 3.0 or higher.
Internet Explorer 3.0 or higher.
Please remember that the BBVA Foundation will never send you an e-mail requesting you to provide personal details. If you receive a message of this kind, do not respond to it.